The Lone Star Home Show February 26, 2022
Join us as we welcome Pat Tracy, a seventh generation Texan, to discuss Texas History. Then Denny will share a quick and easy soup recipe. Finally, we’ll wrap up with the ins and outs of changing out your shower handle.
This Week's Highlights
- Texas Independence Day is March 2, 2022.
- Pat Tracy is a seventh-generation Texan. His family received one of the original land grants in Texas.
- A great way to learn about Texas history is to visit historical sites.
- Recommended historical sites to visit:
- The Alamo
- Washington on the Brazos
- San Jacinto
Repairing or Replacing your shower faucet
- Shower handles have multiple parts behind the plate that may end up needing repairs.
- Hard water can clog the shower faucet cartridge. Cartridges can be replaced to restore the flow of water.
- When you replace the shower handle, the new faucet needs to be compatible with the already-installed valve. If it is not compatible, the valve will need to be replaced in addition to the trim.
- New trim should match the number of holes already in your shower – usually either 1 or 2 holes.
- Because most plumbers will stock replacement parts for Moen and Delta shower faucets, we recommend installing these brands.
- Installing a water softener can help your shower faucet last longer.
Need Service from Jilly Plumbing?
Jilly Plumbing is here when you need us. We offer exemplary customer service and top-quality workmanship.
For fast, reliable service call us today at 830-476-2488. Or stop in and say hello. Our office is right here in Kerrville at 1216 Water St.